How to collect Research Data
Intent, Implementation and Impact: Schools becoming Research-Rich Communities
This exciting CPD programme is an innovative partnership between Inspire and the University of Northampton that will empower teachers and school leaders to conduct research in their own schools and settings. Teachers and school leaders will have opportunities to learn to collect and analyse valuable research evidence to inform school development in:
- Quality learning, teaching and assessment
- Learners’ behaviour, attitudes and personal development
- School leadership and management.
Over eight afternoon sessions, the programme will upskill teachers and school leaders as practitioner researchers who systematically explore aspects of classroom practice and whole school provision, with the ultimate goal of improvement. Research, in this sense, will directly inform practice and policy in Northamptonshire schools and beyond.
In practical hands-on workshops, our expert tutors will support delegates to learn about every stage of the educational research process, including project design, data collection methods, analysis, and developing recommendations based on evidence to inform school improvement. All delegates will conduct a school-based enquiry as part of the programme, which concludes with a conference at which delegates will present their research. Through tutors’ links with publishers, delegates will also have opportunities to publish their findings.
Once you have learned these research skills, you will be able to continue to apply them to many other school development projects.
- 10.6.19 – Being a Practitioner Researcher
- 8.7.19 – Reviewing Literature
- 30.9.19 - Methodological Approaches
- 21.10.19 – How to collect Research Data
- 18.11.19 - Ethics in research. Planning your project
- 27.1.20 – Analysing and Interpreting Research Data
- 24.2.20 - Sharing your findings
- 30.3.20: - The Conference
|Event Start Date||Mon, 21 Oct 2019 1:00 pm|
|Event End Date||Mon, 21 Oct 2019 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||Thu, 19 Sep 2019|
|Individual Price||Free to Inspire Members|
|Location||Mawsley CP School|