300120 Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads Training
Single Agency Training for Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads in Schools
As part of the arrangements which must be in place as required by S.175/S.157 of the Education Act 2002 and “Keeping Children Safe in Education” all schools must have a member of the leadership team as their Designated Safeguarding Lead.
This person must take lead responsibility for dealing with child protection issues, referring concerns of significant harm, providing advice and guidance to support all staff to carry out their safeguarding duties, overseeing the school provision of early help and liaising with other agencies as required.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead must receive training which gives them the knowledge and skills needed to fulfil their responsibilities and this training must be updated every two years.
The course we have planned meets the statutory requirements of this training for new or recently appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads.
To ensure that the participant can identify:
- What the safeguarding agenda actually means for schools;
- Current legislation which informs the role of the DSL;
- The role and responsibilities of the DSL;
- The importance of early help, signposting, interagency working and interventions to safeguard vulnerable children/young people;
- The categories and possible indicators of the 4 categories of abuse and areas such as Grooming, FGM, CSE, Forced Marriage, So Called Honour Based Violence,
- Radicalisation and Extremism;
- The impact of issues such as Domestic Violence, Peer-on-Peer Abuse and Mental Health problems on children/young people;
- How best to communicate with children/young people and parents/carers regarding Child Protection issues;
- How to seek advice and support and how to refer concerns;
- How to keep, transfer and archive Child Protection records.
Our training is led by Lesley Pollard
Experienced local Safeguarding Trainer and member of NSCB Learning & Development Committee
Note: DSL courses cost £130.00 for non members. Inspire members receive 1 free place, and subsequent places booked will receive 20% discount.
|Event Start Date||Thu, 30 Jan 2020 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||Thu, 30 Jan 2020 3:30 pm|
|Cut off date||Tue, 28 Jan 2020|
|Individual Price||£130 Non-Members, 20% discount for Members|
|Location||Inspire Development Centre|
|Attachment||DSL New Safeguarding Training 2018-19.pdf|
Filling out Booking Forms
Please note that email addresses entered into booking requests must be the addresses of the attendees (not of the school head or bursar), to ensure that communication regarding confirmation, date change etc. is sent to the appropriate person. Only use the bursar/head address in reference to invoicing information.